Volgens Organizing for America (OFA) sta ik in de staat Idaho geregistreerd en daarom stuurde OFA naar al zijn supporters in alle staten wat de gevolgen zouden zijn van een mogelijke ‘government shutdown’ en wat de gevolgen zijn van de begrotingvoorstellen en bezuinigingen van de Republikeinen voor Idaho en de VS.
Over the next 11 days, the President will ask Republicans to make a choice:
Set aside party politics — or risk 3,200 Idaho jobs.
Because if a budget agreement isn’t reached by next Friday, the government will shut down – and the President has made clear that the current plan as proposed by congressional Republicans is not acceptable.
The final budget cannot be dictated solely by one party or a narrow set of interests – it will affect every American.
That’s why true leadership means making tough choices and putting people before party or ideology.
And that’s the kind of leadership we need over the next 11 days.
The President is calling on both sides to come together, but it’s up to us to show Republicans in Congress that we have his back. As negotiations heat up, we all need to speak out to make sure they get the message.
Congressional Republicans have less than two weeks to come to the table and help craft a responsible funding plan that won’t derail economic growth.
President Obama has laid out a plan that reduces the deficit by a trillion dollars. He’s committed to finding common ground to cut wasteful spending, but he won’t go along with a plan that eliminates nearly a million jobs, guts investments in education and innovation, and ends protections that keep our food safe and air and water clean.
We simply cannot afford any proposal that weakens our country or sets us back.
The Republican budget:
– Prevents the government from implementing health reform, rolling back critical patient protections and cost savings, and returning control of your health care to insurance companies;
– Slashes funding for preventive health services that millions of American women depend on through Planned Parenthood — and eliminates 1,000 community health center jobs across Idaho;
– Guts investments in education and infrastructure that will grow the economy and create jobs;
– Cuts Idaho homeland security investments by $800,000, hindering local law enforcement’s ability to keep our families safe; and
– Drops 824 Idaho children from Head Start, an early-education program proven to help students thrive later on.
And it could mean nearly 1 million American jobs lost – all without making a dent in the deficit.
With a shutdown looming, we’re approaching a critical moment that could quickly become a crisis.
Organizing for America will make sure Americans know that millions of people – from every district in this country – will be affected by these cuts.
And we’ll show lawmakers that we’re paying attention, we’re organizing, and we’re not going to stop. That we refuse to accept partisan games that could cost hundreds of thousands of jobs – or a government shutdown that puts our economy at risk.
Please add your name in support of the President today:
Organizing for America